Celebrating Excellence in STEM Education across our Region with the STEM Program Awards - 2020 Application is now open!
Each year, the Finger Lakes STEM Hub recognizes exemplary K-12 programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. We highlight these programs to inspire others in our region, and to showcase the many different ways that STEM is being incorporated into the classroom, afterschool programming and community events. These programs can be used as models and inspiration for others to incorporate STEM into their own programming.
The awards showcase the excellent programs that already exist in the Finger Lakes STEM Hub's nine-county area, including the counties of Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates.
We use the NYS STEM Quality Learning Rubric to evaluate the applications. Programs will be asked to identify where their program fits into each of the 9 STEM Learning Categories identified in the Rubric. Each spring, we hold a recognition event to celebrate STEM learning in our region and give the award recipients an opportunity to talk about their programs with those in attendance.
Prior Award Winners are welcome to apply again this year, provided it is for a different program or project.
Our 2020 STEM Award Program will open shortly. Check back for details or follow us on Facebook to be notified when the application opens. Questions about the program? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline will be Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
- Application must be filled out online at the link provided, but a preview copy of the application will be linked below to help gather materials ahead of time.
- If selected for the 2020 STEM Program Awards, awardees will need to bring a small tabletop display to the award reception and dinner.
- Award Reception will be be held at the Rochester Museum and Science Center's Riedman Gallery on Wednesday, May 13, 2020, from 5-8 pm.
- Flyer linked below - please share to programs you think qualify!
- Click here to apply!
- We are looking for event sponsors, please see link below if your company/organization is interested in sponsoring students to attend!
For more information on past award recipients, please choose the year below:
|NYS STEM QUality Learning Rubric||270.56 KB|
|Shareable Flyer||749.68 KB|
|Preview of application - final application must be submitted online||279.74 KB|
|Interested in Sponsoring our Event?||662.8 KB|